Imagine our surprise at being nominated by Being Content Where We Are for a Liebster Award! We have seen these around the web but actually had no idea what it was about. Turns out it is a way to welcome newer blogs to the community! What an awesome blogging community we have too!
For the award there are a few rules:
Liebster Award Rules:
- Thank the blogger who presented you with the Liebster Award and provide a link back to his or her blog.
- Answer the questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself, and create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Present the Liebster Award to several other bloggers who have blogs with 1000 followers or less whom you feel deserve to be noticed. Leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been nominated or email them.
- Upload the Liebster Award image to your blog.
Being a Mom/Daughter blog, we are both going to answer the questions and give some random facts. If you saw our responses to the Sunshine Award, you will know we are actually quite different!
Questions from Being Content Where We Are:
1. How long have you been blogging and why did you get started?
Both: We started a couple of years ago when we first made our Etsy shop. Originally we had no idea what we were doing and would post things as we thought of something, half the time there were no pictures, there was no social media, we had no advertising and we only had a few followers. Then last Sept. we discovered our identity and the blogging community and haven’t looked back!
2. What life goal are you currently working toward?
M: I am working towards loosing some weight and increasing my muscle flexibility. It’s been slow going so far this year, but I still think I can make my goal by year end!
K: I am working towards buying my first house. This is my 30th year on this planet and have decided it is about time I settle down.
3. How do you spend your down time?
M: Not sure what you mean by down time but I spend my time between crochet, crafting, reading. I also love to travel, this weekend we ran to Asheville to meet some cool people. Once the warmer weather arrives I will be out in the garden working too. Or playing with the grandbabies or the dogs or napping. I like naps.
K: I am actually a gamer, I spend more time than I should playing video games. I also crochet and read and of course play with the kids.
4. What makes your heart sing?
M: Spending quality time with the family, playing tug/fetch with Macy, mountains, wild flowers and when a craft comes out like you imagined it.
K: I am an ocean girl. If I could sit on the beach all day every day I would. I also love walking through the woods with my family.
5. Sweet or salty?
M: Always sweet!!
K: Salty. I especially love sweet and salty together, ie. salted carmel or salted watermelon.
6. What is your favorite beverage?
M: Root beer. Not sure why but I have loved root beer all my life. It’s like a special treat I get once or twice a month.
K: Do milkshakes count? If not then I am a coffee girl.
7. What is your favorite money saving tip?
M: Shop around for the best price, don’t be afraid to tell one store/sales person you can get a better price somewhere else and if it’s a big purchase, wait 24 hours.
K: I like to pair coupons with sales and stock up so that I never have to buy at full price.
8. Where would you go if you went on a dream vacation?
M: I would love to do a tour of Ireland and Scotland!
K: This one is hard, I want to go to so many places. I would love to go to Little Palm island, if you have never heard of it you should look it up. It is my goal to go there someday.
9. What is your favorite thing to write about?
M: Crafting 🙂
K: Teaching. I like to write tutorials and patterns the most.
10. High heels or tennis shoes?
M: Tennis shoes for sure. Haven’t worn heels in over 20 years and not sure I could walk on them now lol
K: Boots. Oh wait, that wasn’t an option. Tennis shoes, I don’t wear high heels.
11. What is one thing you do every single day?
M: Kiss my hubby goodbye and tell him I love him and to be safe. You never know what might happen in the day so start with some love.
K: Same as mom actually, but mine is in the evening as he works at night and is still asleep when I leave in the morning.
1. I am actually pretty lazy – though most people won’t believe me.
2. I wanted to be a vet until they said I would have to be good at science and go to college for 12 years. I think they were trying to scare me and they did lol.
3. I have naturally super curly hair – if I wear it down people always ask where I had it permed. I used to keep it real short and just had wild curls everywhere.
4. I LOVE chocolate but can’t eat it due to the caffeine content. cry
5. I love going to the farmers market on the weekend, grabbing some fresh goodies and then hitting the seafood restaurant right there.
6. I have always wanted an underground house – hubby refuses. I could be a hobbit!!
7. My fav color is yellow and then purple. Hubby’s is green so for some reason it has to be my fav too…..don’t ask lol – so I am a Mardi Gras girl 🙂
8. I love animals and am a sucker for their sweet little faces.
9. Ever since I was 8 I have wanted an RV and to travel the world in it. Maybe some day!
10. I love my kindle – it allows me to read a book and then buy another one in moments – no more waiting until I can get to the bookstore! I can’t say how much money Amazon has made off me lol
11. I love to bake – cookies, cakes, breads, pizza – doesn’t matter. I think it’s the best part of cooking!
1. I’m even lazier than mom, but now I know where I get it from!
2. I love to clean but hate getting started therefore the place is a wreck until I get started.
3. I love the ocean. I would rather be by the ocean than anywhere else.
4. I only knew my husband for a few months before we were married but we have been together for 11 years.
5. I think I crochet horribly, I hold myself to unreasonably high standards. The only thing that keeps me going is those who compliment my work.
6. I hate cooking including baking. I don’t understand spending so much time and effort on something that will not last.
7. I’m terrified to buy a house. I’m scared that I will want to move and be stuck there, or the house will have something wrong with it that I can’t fix, or can fix but will be very expensive.
8. I am honest to a fault. I made a mistake and lied to someone very important to me and have made it a point not to lie anymore, even if it hurts.
9. I love to read but will read for so long that the world seems unreal and have to reground myself.
10. I like watching TV series(es) from start to finish in one sitting, or at least as many episodes as I can at one time.
11. I have a pet dragon, he has a beard.
Who we are awarding the Liebster to:
Cole @ http://peaceandchaos.com/
Kathi @ http://www.oakhillhomestead.com/
Jessica @ http://www.savoryexperiments.com/
Crystelle @ http://www.crystelleboutique.com/
Kimberlee @ http://kimberleeskorner.com/
Katie @ http://happinessinlearning.com/
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
- What is your favorite topic to blog on?
- What is the topic you would like to blog on but don’t?
- Which is your favorite crafting media? Why?
- What is your favorite dish to eat ever?
- If you won a million bucks, what would you do with it?
- If you were to be a secret stalker, who would you stalk?
- Your best way to relax?
- What brings a smile to your face?
- If you were an animal, which would you be and why?
- What is your favorite hobby?
Filed in: A Day In The Life