15 Wishes List for Millie
One of the blogs I follow is Stone Cottage Adventures and Marci has a post she updates called 20 wishes. Each time I read it I think “Man I should do one” and then…..I don’t. Well this time I actually am. My motivation is that today is my birthday! Happy Birthday to me! Today I turn 50. Wow! My son says that is quite an accomplishment so I should do something special. I thought he might have something special in mind but he didn’t …..sometimes I wonder what he is thinking…..
Anyway, to get to the point, I decided to do a wish list of my own and keep it updated!
1. About 3 years ago Kristina and I cut out a 50’s style dress that we were going to sew for Kristina. It’s in a bag in the craft room and we keep saying we need to finish it – well it’s on my list!
2. Like Marci, I want to make a few things for myself. I have a couple items in mind that I want to make, so I am going to aim for one every other month – at least 6 items for myself.
3. For two years I have planned a t-shirt quilt for my son – it was to be a birthday gift twice and a Christmas gift once – so I am going to get it done for this Christmas (hopefully)!
4. I want to do some fun day or weekend trips and longer – Yellowstone, Alaska and Ireland are three specifics but I am willing to have fun about anywhere!
5. I need/want to loose about 30 pounds and will be using the points system to help me out. It took 10 years to gain it all so maybe I can get it off in a year!
6. Get fit and toned! Using the tread climber, walking the dogs, and targeted area exercises should do the trick! I have those flabby old lady arms that need to be gone!
7. Make a special quilt/blanket/afghan for each of the grandbabies. I am flexible though, I might change my mind, but for now, aiming for something they can snuggle with.
8. Learn a new crochet stitch each month and make something with it! No size or specific yarn constraints, just something fun I can share on the blog.
9. Find and buy our retirement property in/near the mountains of NC. Time’s getting close so I really need to get moving on this one! We have talked about it and started our search so we know the area we want , it’s just a matter of finding the right property.
10. Do one giveaway (at least) a month on the blog to give back to our readers. It might just be something small or maybe join in on larger ones – everyone loves a giveaway!
11. Form a sharing group where we can all share our ideas and offer support to help each other succeed – in life, crafting, blogging – wherever we need a little extra love and support.
12. Rent a travel trailer and go for a long weekend trip in it. I have always had a dream of getting a Winnie and traveling across the US, visiting each state, so this weekend would be a good test run to see if we could do it!
13. Work on my scrap buster campaign – I had the idea to use up my scrap yarns and scrap cloth and have made a few things I haven’t shared on the blog, so I will work on sharing those ideas/patterns. I would like to put these patterns into an Ebook!
14. Work on my 101 ways to reuse blue jeans – not sure where I stalled out but started focusing on other things and I still have some ideas and crafts I haven’t done and a bin full of jeans to use on them!
15. Add a sun room to the back of the house to make room for a hot tub. This will be a great way to relax after working out, blogging and crafting!!
Bonus 16: Work on my stash of quilts/spreads/cloth I picked up for Newborn in Needs blankets.
Ok there ya go – 15 wishes (plus bonus)! I might add more later but these are the main ones I could come up with. Now I wonder if I can talk Kristina into doing a list of her own?
Hope you make a wish today! Millie
This post may contain ads, affiliate links and/or we may have been compensated in some way. See our Disclaimer for more information. If we can, here is where we party: Sun: Dishing it & Digging it / Stash Buster / Over the Moon / Family Joy Blog Party Mon: Amaze me Monday / Bernideen's Tea Time / No Place Like Home / Really Crafty / Art of Home-Making / Making your home sing / Good Morning Monday Tues: Nifty Thrifty Tuesday / Inspire Me / Pin-spiration Link Party / 2 for Tuesday /Fiber Tuesday / Brag About It / Community Link Party Wed: Link & Share Wed. / Hookin’ on Hump Day /It's a Party / Happily Homemade / Thurs: Share Your Cup Thursday / Treasure Hunt Thurs / Thriving Thursday / Creatively Crafty / TaDa Fri: The Pinterest Game / Funtastic Friday / FTAF Weekend / Sweet Inspiration / Peace, Love, Link Up / Homestead Blog hop Sat: Craft Along / Snickerdoodle Sunday / Saturday Link Party / Saturday Shuffle
Filed in: 20 Wishes